Have you heard about the vine app? It is about 1 – 2 weeks old and has already started spreading like wildfire!
With vine, you create (6 second) looping videos that you can share via the app, twitter and facebook.
Here are some things I have discovered:
- It is something that takes a bit of practice as you only get 6 seconds and it immediately begins again from the first shot. So you have to think about the flow.
- It captures ALL sounds so be aware of people talking in the background, which songs you are listening to, what is on the TV, and how you want your voice to sound if you are speaking about something.
- It is like instagram in motion, giving you just a little more insight to your personal life – record accordingly!
- There is no vine app for android yet, so right now only iphone and ipod touch users can use it.
You can find people to follow by:
- Searching categories under explore. It is very similar to the hashtag mentality on twitter ie, #travel or #fashion – etc. This page also gives you what is popular, what the editors have chosen, and a running list of all posts to vine.
- You can also find people that are on vine in your address book, people you follow on twitter, or friends on facebook.
I am starting to like it and it is pushing me to think outside of the static page box that designers often live in! If you are on vine already or when you sign up, follow me at @dryinkdesigns
A few others that I follow and really enjoy are:
- @NoDa Brewing Company
- @House of Smiths
- @paperfashion — this artist is AMAZING!
Let me know if you are on Vine and I will be sure to follow you!