Here is my 2012 wish list. I have always been told to dream big and some of these are a stretch, but I am going to do everything I can to make these come true!
1. Adobe – Creative Suite 5.5 – As a graphic designer, it is important that you stay up to date on technology. While I am content working in CS4 – I guess it will soon be time for an upgrade!
2. A new car – I have had my car for 10 years now and it is starting to show its age. I have a dream car the Infiniti FX and a realistic car the Hyundai Tucson. As I have recently started my own company, I guess this year we are moving forward realistically – and from this angle they look pretty similar, right?!
3. A “dry ink” ring – I love a special piece of jewelry that symbolizes a person or special event in your life – and even more, I love designing these pieces! I have a few of these pieces. My Grandma often went stone hunting in the mountains of North Carolina. She found a blue topaz stone that we had cut into beautiful gem and I put it into a ring – I love it. When I graduated from college, my parents had a star sapphire ring made for me instead of a typical college “class ring” – I wear it all the time!
So my next ring is my Dry Ink ring. I think i have decided what I want. There is a ring at Tiffany’s that I am leaning towards – can’t you just picture this with blue and red stones instead of diamonds? LOVE!
4. A new monitor for my computer – I am currently working off of a laptop and as a graphic designer – this is NOT ideal! I am in love with the idea of getting an apple monitor or an iMac, but I may end up getting a new TV to use as a monitor… but one can dream, right?
5. Flip Camera – I was recently told that I need to update my online presence to include a YouTube Channel. While this kind of FREAKS me out, I know it is something that I should do. I am still trying to figure out which camera to get. Any suggestions? The Flip Kodak Playsport Sony Handicam or just use an iPhone ?
6. Wide Angle Lens – When I bought my Nikon camera I did a package so I could get the wide angle lens. My sister’s marathon was coming up and I wanted to be able to capture the day for her. I worked with the great guys at my local Wolf Camera who helped me find just what I needed! I took it to the race, got some GREAT shots, came home and it was stolen :(. So… this year I would love to replace it!
7. 1,000 twitter @dryinkdesigns and blog followers! I would LOVE to share what I learn with everyone. Spread the word!
8. Attend the Nate Berkus Show. I love everything about what Nate does – his support of small business and bloggers, appreciation for individual budgets and his great design inspiration! Some way – some how… I’m going!
9. Travel – I want to visit a new country! Having 2 weeks of vacation basically gives you a few long weekends throughout the year. So – this year – I am going somewhere amazing! Somewhere I haven’t been before!
10. Own my own business – Survive my first year working for myself – Dry Ink Designs! I can’t wait!
What is on your wish list this year?