I have recently started following Pam Lawhorne on twitter @pamlawhorne and she is constantly offering great tips or bits of advice to help contractors/companies with their online presence and general business efforts.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Join a group for entrepreneurs and business owners. The networking and support is great for you and your business.
- Try to loosen up and have your other Tweeters do the same by being honest, intimate & real with your readers.
- Keep a notebook and pen around all the time. Inspiration can come from anything at any time.
- Find a niche. Look for something that is unique & will meet the needs of a consumer sector that is being overlooked.
- Getting away from your laptop for even 2 mins will allow your eyes to rest & keep you from getting tired.
- Always pay attention to what others on
#Twitter are saying… especially to see if they’re tweeting about you!
#LinkedIn to learn from others & gain new knowledge so you can become an expert in other subjects & topics.
- Don’t go overboard w/ fonts & colors on your blog. If you think there is too much of either – you’re probably right!